The course was relevant and pitched just right for our level of knowledge.
Nicola McIntosh, North East Local Enterprise Partnership
Yoast workshop structure
The workshop is concentrated in to one day, removing the jargon and filler that many courses use to turn the basics of search engine optimisation and Yoast in to a multiple day course on basic, introductory content.
- Introduction to SEO basics for WordPress: before we look at the Yoast SEO plugin, it’s important to know what the plugin is trying to do to your website, and which factors can alter your website’s search engine rankings.
- Using Yoast to help increase your website’s search engine presence: using the plugin to adapt your website so it’s better positioned to be understood, indexed, and ranked by search engines such as Google and Bing.
What’s covered in the Yoast SEO workshop?
The workshop is structured to cover the basics of search engine optimisation – how websites are ranked in search engine results – and how you, as a website owner or manager, can use the Yoast SEO plugin to affect change on your website’s search engine rankings.
There is a lot of misinformation and just plain wrong advice online about the best ways to optimise your website for search engines, and our workshop aims to distill the information you need to know in to manageable blocks of content to take away and implement.
Yoast SEO provides additional tools for your WordPress website, including:
- XML Sitemap
- Structured data / open graph
- Meta descriptions and page titles
- Content analysis, including cornerstone content
With this workshop, discover what these do and how they help search engines to understand what your website is about, and how they “score” your website in order to rank them in search results pages. If you don’t have a WordPress website, you’ll find our SEO basics workshop useful as a small business owner or website manager.
Training is delivered by experienced workshop leaders who have over a decade of experience in web design, WordPress website development, the Yoast SEO plugin, and search engine optimisation.
Peacock Carter is an established website design agency based in Newcastle, and has worked with clients including the NHS, Scottish Government and the University of Edinburgh, so you’re in safe hands with our web expertise.