Having a website is just one step is a long journey for many businesses, and yours is likely no different. You’ve had your WordPress website designed and developed by a WordPress agency (just like us!), but having a website alone isn’t enough.
Here are three tips from the WordPress at Peacock Carter – we’ve been working with WordPress for 10 years+ now and have been designing websites for 11 years – and help clients make the most of their websites. These are just three small tips to help you give your website a quick push in the right direction again – important if you’ve been neglecting your website recently!
1. Speed your website up
In an age of busy customers, if your website is slower than a competitors’, you may lose out on that new customers. There are a few quick tasks you can do to help improve the speed of your website:
- Remove unnecessary images from your content
- Resize unnecessarily large images to a more suitable size
- Check your web hosting – cheap hosting can cause your website to be slow to load as it’s shared with many other websites. Paying a little more can make a big difference!
2. Review your WordPress website’s content
When was the last time you updated your website’s content, and checked it for accuracy? Over time, businesses change the services they offer, and pricing structures – is your website’s content up to date? Log in to your website and review your key pages. Here are a few tips for content we see in need of updating on our own client’s WordPress websites:
- Contact details – does the phone number on your website work? Is it your current number, and not redirected to a new one?
- Email address – does the email address on your website come through to you? Do you use a different email address?
- Contact form – does this still work? Do messages still go to an email address you check regularly?
- Pricing – are any prices on your website up to date?
- Services and products – do you still offer all of the services or products on your website?
3. Refresh your website’s design
Does your website look a little tired? Have you changed your logo in the last year, and not updated it on your own website? It may be worth considering a design refresh for your website. This doesn’t have to be a huge change – just.
A good guide is to compare your website to your competitors’, and ask yourself what your website looks like in comparison. Is your website a step above your competitors’? If not, you may be missing out on business. Think about what your customers will be looking for – is your website’s design giving a potential customer enough confidence to pick up the phone and ring you?
There are plenty of other points for improvement for your website you can consider; if you want your website to drive more sales for your business, you could consider a WordPress SEO audit. And, of course, if you’d like any help getting your WordPress website up to scratch, we’d be more than happy to help!