I’m looking forward to speaking tonight at Sunderland Digital tonight on the theme of the “next generation of ecommerce”.
Sunderland Digital is a relatively new monthly meeting for those working in – or interested in – the creative, digital and technology sector in Sunderland. Held at Sunderland’s Software Centre, the evening has speakers from Moltin, the ecommerce API, and Salesforce, too. It’s great to be invited and to share knowledge in our field with others in the region – something Peacock Carter is very passionate about, alongside promoting ecommerce web development as an interesting industry to work in.
For those unable to attend the event tonight, I’ll be posting my slides online later this week.
Magento and the next generation of ecommerce
As ever, our favourite ecommerce platform at Peacock Carter is Magento, and my talk will provide attendees tonight with an introductory-level flavour of what Magento is, who uses it, and the future of ecommerce for the platform with Magento 2. Key topics include:
- A brief history of Magento
- Magento Community Edition vs Magento Enterprise Edition
- A showcase of big-name brands around the world on the Magento ecommerce platform
- Magento’s features, from catalogue management to promotional rules and built-in SEO settings
- Magento Enterprise’s additional feature set
- Changes in Magento 2
- Magento 2 highlights for web developers
As ever, I’m sure there will be time for a few questions after my talk – just keep them easy, as it’s been a long week so far! I look forward to seeing you all in Sunderland tonight.