A Magento North East event next week aims to help ecommerce website owners and managers understand what’s coming in Magento 2, the ecommerce platform’s next major release.
Introduction to Magento 2 for merchants is at Campus North in Newcastle upon Tyne on Tuesday, 12th January 2016, with the talk followed by a demo at 815am, and repeated at 915am for anyone who isn’t able to make the earlier session. You can read more on the event on its Meetup.com page (where you can also RSVP free of charge).
About the Newcastle Magento 2 introduction event
The event will feature an introductory talk highlighting the changes coming in Magento 2, as well as a live demo of key functionality in Magento 2. The talk, by our director and Magento consultant Richard Carter who has worked with Magento since just after its release in 2007, will feature:
- an overview of what is new and what is similar in Magento 2
- information on when support for Magento 1.x versions ends
- a discussion on whether/when merchants and store owners should upgrade to Magento 2
The talk will be followed by a Magento 2 demo at our Newcastle event, which will include:
- an overview of the new interface for Magento 2 store owners
- details of how key store management tools have changed in Magento 2
- product catalogue management demonstrations
- improvements introduced in Magento 2’s administration panel
- demonstrations of adding and editing products in Magento 2
- potential for customer and order process demos (time-dependent!)
Now a regular, monthly event since its founding by Peacock Carter last year, Magento North East has been growing in attendance at its evening meetings, hosted at Campus North in Newcastle city centre. Campus North support meetups for the digital and creative community, including our very own community of Magento users, designers and developers in Newcastle and from further afield in the North East.
And if you don’t have time to join us at the event tomorrow, you may find our post on what to expect in Magento 2 is useful!