Peacock Carter are active contributors to the web design and development community.
We regularly speak at web design and ecommerce events to share our knowledge with the community, and help to organise events such as WordPress North East and Magento North East for other web developers.
Talks given by us
As well as writing web design books, we talk at website and design conferences and events, too:
- September 2016: Introduction to BitCoin for Magento, Magento North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- April 2016: How To Smash Your Competition Online, DLExpo 2016, Darlington (County Durham), UK
- March 2016: Introduction to Magento 2, Magento York, York, UK
- February 2016: The Future of Ecommerce, Design Network North, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- October 2015: Building An Online Portfolio, Northumbria University Fashion & Communications course, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- October 2015: Introduction to Magento, Magento North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- September 2015: Introduction to Magento, Ecommerce North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- June 2015: Introduction to CSS Selectors, Frontend North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- March 2015: Improvements to WordPress Themes, WordPress North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- May 2014: Social Media Fails, Durham University Computer Science Society, Durham, UK.
- September 2013: A responsive workflow for WordPress, WordPress North East user group, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- August 2012: Upgrading Drupal, Drupal North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- July 2012: Upgrading Drupal, Drupal North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- April 2012: Designing A Different Type Of Website, DesignInterest, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- November 2011: Drupal Case Study, a presentation of a Drupal-based website we created for a client, Drupal North East, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- October 2011: Content Management System/Theme Integration, Front Row Conference, Krakow, Poland.
- July 2011: Design/CMS Integration, a talk on merging website design with various content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress, SuperMondays, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
Books written by us
Richard Carter is a published author in web design, ecommerce and content management, with a total of seven titles to his name:
- MediaWiki Skins Design (Packt)
- Magento 1.3 Themes Design (Packt)
- Joomla! 1.5 Template Design Cookbook (Packt)
- Drupal Commerce Cookbook (Packt)
- Magento 1.4 Themes Design (Packt)
- Magento Responsive Theme Development (Packt)
- Learning Magento Theme Development (Packt)
Richard has also acted as a technical reviewer on a number of books and publications, including:
- Magento 2 Theme Design (Packt)
- Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 (Apress)
- Inkscape 0.48 Essentials for Web Designers (Packt)
- MediaWiki 1.1 Beginners Guide (Packt)
- Drupal 7 Business Solutions (Packt)
- Drupal 7 Webforms Cookbook (Packt)
Articles written by us
Here is a small selection of articles we’ve had published:
- August 2012: An opinion piece on the benefits of Inkscape featured in .net magazine, the world’s most popular magazine for web designers.
- Guide to freelancing as a student: written for A Student’s Guide To Web Design online magazine;