Migrating your website to a new platform can be a daunting task, but working with Magento experts Peacock Carter to migrate your Magento website allows you to benefit from our years of experience.
Migrating your website to a new platform can be a daunting task, and it is vital to work with an experienced Magento development agency to ensure your data is transferred properly, and that the new website launches with as few issues as possible to maintain your reputation and search engine listings.
Our Magento migration experience
Peacock Carter have years of experience developing and consulting on the Magento platform, and our senior consultant, Richard Carter, is author of 4 books on Magento to date, including Magento Responsive Theme Design. Our Magento development team have previous migrations to the Magento Community and Enterprise platforms have included:
- WordPress WooCommerce migration to Magento Community
- Custom PHP ecommerce system to Magento Community
- Drupal Commerce to Magento Community
- Drupal Ubercart to Magento Community
- Bespoke ASP ecommerce system to Magento Community
- Bespoke PHP ecommerce application to Magento Enterprise
- Bespoke ASP ecommerce platform to Magento Enterprise
Considerations for Magento website migration
When migrating your store to Magento, you will likely need to consider the following aspects:
- Whether you want to migrate to Magento Community or Magento Enterprise Edition
- Migrating your product and category data
- Migrating your customer accounts
- Migrating your store’s order history
- Redesigning your store and developing a Magento theme
- Redirecting any old product/category URLs to the new URLs in your Magento store
An experienced Magento consultant at Peacock Carter can talk you through the process and advise of likely issues during your store’s migration to Magento.
If you would like to discuss migrating your current ecommerce website to Magento, please contact us on +44(0) 191 499 8456, or email email@example.com.