If you’re interested in the role, read on.
No agencies, please.
Part time, permanent role dependent on 3 month probation period. This position is also open to freelancers/contractors.
Start: October 2016 onwards.
|Location||Peacock Carter HQ, Northern Design Centre, Gateshead Quayside|
|Salary expectation||Negotiable, dependent on experience. Annual conference and learning budget available for the right candidate.|
|How to apply||Email your CV and online portfolio (where possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Closing date||We’re looking for the right person, so this position is open for the time being.|
Peacock Carter are a web design and ecommerce agency based in the North East of England. Established in 2006, we’ve worked with clients including the University of Edinburgh, the Scottish Government, and NHS Choices, as well as retailers around the world.
As a small web design agency, your role will be varied and challenging, and involve building and maintaining ecommerce and content websites on a range of platforms. The role will also require communicating with clients and colleagues.
- 1 or more years’ commercial experience as a web developer
- A working knowledge of object oriented PHP development
- A working knowledge of MySQL and relational databases
- Ecommerce and content management system experience with platforms such as WordPress, Magento, and Drupal
- Experience using version control software such as Git
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies
- A relevant university degree: though experience and the right attitude is more important to us
- Experience with open source projects
- A working knowledge of ecommerce
- Experience in an agency environment
- Linux server administration
- A chance to work with a range of fantastic clients…
- …on exciting platforms including Magento, WordPress and Drupal
- A company who believe in learning and improving, who are actively involved in the North East web design and development community
- An annual conference and learning allowance to help you grow as a developer
- The opportunity to work with bright, ambitious people
Please submit a CV and link to an online portfolio (where possible) to email@example.com. We’ll short-list the most promising applicants and arrange an interview and technical test.
No agencies, please.
We aim to respond to all CVs, whether you are successful or not.